i’m into trying new food lately. for those who’ve known me longer than about 2 years, you’ll be weird out by knowing that i
like LOVE mushrooms and olives now. i used to hate mushrooms enough that I would pick teeny tiny mushroom bits out of canned pasta sauce. i admit, that’s pretty f**ked up. or dedication. you decide.
anyway, i thought i’d share some of the unique food ideas i have been trying. i have a habit of trying to go through old food / leftovers because i don’t like to waste food. my rule of thumb (which completely contradicts Canadian health standards) is if it doesn’t have visible mold on it, it’s fine. i have hydrochloric acid in my stomach, i figure it can kill anything.
- Frozen banana + unsweetened cocoa powder + hand blender = pudding
- Grapefruit + roast it in the oven = much sweeter morning treat sans added sugar
- Greek yogurt + honey + cinnamon + any fruit under the sun (berries, banana, raisins, currants) = high protein, flavorful snack
- Spinach + dates (chopped small) + pumpkin seeds + oil & vinegar = easy salad
- Sliced apple + peanut butter + raisins/choc chips/nuts + bake in oven = “apple nachos”
and that’s all i can think of at the moment!