for those of you who did not experience the “banana boat” as a kid while camping, here is the recipe… super duper simple… very forgiving… and, just like an ice cream sundae, the toppings are pretty much endless.
- whole unpeeled banan
- mini marshmallows
- peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- pre-heat oven to 400 degress celsius (or, have a campfire ready with nice red embers)
- take the peeled banana and slice down the middle -about 3/4 of the way through the banana itself. Don’t be shy – you’re objective is to make a boat to stuff all the yummy ingredients into
- begin stuffing the banana boat with ingredients. you can either be very scant or go completely overboard and have marshmallows, PB, and choc chips completely overflowing the boat. this is not master chef.
- wrap the whole thing in tinfoil, keeping in mind that you will need to open it gently later as not to disturb the magically melted fillings
- bake for 15-20min, or put in hot campfire embers for 10-15min
- take out of the oven, unwrap, and eat with a spoon – directly out of the peel!