holy shit, the past week has gone by way too fast.
We went to Edmonton Fri-Sun, and I had my hair done on Thursday, which means I had no training Thurs, Fri, and Sat! Holy shit – 3 days off. And boy did I need it.
Minako (aka MEANako) pushed Paula and I to yet another level of intensity on Wednesday night – plus I had a soccer game afterwards (I SCORED!), and we both had trouble walking for the next 3 days. So, although I dislike having 3 days off when I am training for events as intense as a 1/2 marathon and a strength competition, i think it was warranted.
I ran 10k on Sunday. I ran outside, I didn’t bail, AND i beat my time on the treadmill from the previous week (from 1:20 to 1:14)!! I don’t know how this is possible… given that is more difficult to run outside than on a treadmill… but who cares, I’m stoked! I’m going to attribute it to the fact that we have started hill training for running on Tuesday nights, and that Minako is pushing our Conditioning to a whole new level. HELL YEAH.
Anyway, this week’s training schedule is as follows:
- Sunday: 10k Long Slow Run
- Monday: I was supposed to personal train, but instead I got a 24-hr stomach bug of some sort
- Tuesday: Hill Training, followed by soccer game
- Wednesday: Personal Training with Minako
- Thursday: I plan to do some Tabata Intervals depending how sore I am from Wednesday
- Friday: Hot Yoga
- Saturday: Workout with Paula and Jayme
Next week we’re going to start upping Mileage in the running schedule – I am actually looking forward to a 12k run on Sunday… then 14k the next Sunday, and 16k the following. Only 10 weeks to go until my 1/2 Marathon!